|Live abalone size ranges|
|60 – 70 g||70 – 90 g|
|90 – 110 g||110 – 130 g|
|130 – 150 g||150 – 175 g|
|175 – 200 g (not available yet)||200 – 225 g (not available yet)|
|225 – 250 g (not available yet)||250 – 275 g (not available yet)|
- The delivered weight of the abalone packed in a box ranges between 7 and 7.5 kg, depending on the size of the abalone.
- The total packaging weight of the box, including all the materials, ranges between 10 and 10.5 kg, depending on the size of the abalone.
- The abalone are purged for three to five days prior to shipment.
- The abalone are packed inside a plastic bag in a polystyrene box with six internal dividers.
- The bag includes a moisture absorbent pad to absorb any fluid during transport.
- Before the bag is close, a protective sheet is place on top and filled with oxygen.
- The box contains one to two ice packs, depending on the length of the trip.
Viking Aquaculture cans premium quality wild caught and cultured abalone at Tuna Marine, the company’s HACCP compliant processing facility in Hermanus.
|Canned abalone size ranges|
|6 – 20 pieces per can||2 – 5 pieces per can|
|425 g cans||850 g cans|
|213 g drained mass||425 g drained mass|
|24 cans per carton||12 cans per carton|
|Carton mass 10.2 kg||Carton mass 10.2 kg|
|Nutrient specifications per 100 g|
|Total fat||0.6 g|
|Saturated fat||0.3 g|