|60 – 70 g||70 – 90 g|
|90 – 110 g||110 – 130 g|
|130 – 150 g||150 – 175 g|
|175 – 200 g||200 – 225 g|
|225 – 250 g||250 – 275 g|
- The delivered weight of the abalone packed in a box ranges between 7 and 7.5 kg, depending on the size of the abalone.
- The weight of the box, including all the packaging materials, ranges between 10 and 10.5 kg, depending on the size of the abalone.
- The abalone are purged for three to five days prior to shipment.
- The abalone are packed inside a plastic bag in a polystyrene box with six internal dividers.
- The bag includes a moisture absorbent pad to absorb fluid during transport.
- Before the bag is closed, a protective sheet is place on top and filled with oxygen.
- The box contains one to two ice packs, depending on the duration of transport.
Viking Aquaculture cans premium quality wild caught and cultured abalone at Tuna Marine, the company’s HACCP compliant processing facility in Hermanus.
|Canned abalone size ranges|
|4 – 5 piece||6 –7 piece|
|8 piece||10 piece|
|12 piece||14 – 17 piece|
|18 – 20 piece||22 – 26 piece|
|28 – 30 piece||32+ piece|
- 425 g can with a drained mass of 213 g.
- 24 cans are packed in a cardboard box – 12 cans per layer with a cardboard pad in between.
- Carton mass is 10.2 kg.
- 425 g cans are labelled and packed into cardboard cartons.
- Cartons are glued closed and strapped with plastic strapping.
- Cartons of 36, 48 or 60 cans are packed into thick cardboard pallets.
- Pallets are secured and wrapped in plastic.
|21 – 23 g||24 – 25 g|
|26 – 28 g||29 – 31 g|
|32 – 35 g||36 – 39 g|
|40 – 44 g|
- The delivered weight of the abalone packed in a box ranges between 14.9 and 15.1 kg, depending on the size grade of the abalone.
- The total weight of the box, including all the packaging materials, ranges between 15.4 and 15.6 kg, depending on the size grade of the abalone.
- The abalone are packed inside a brown paper bag inside a sealed plastic bag.
- The plastic bag can include an absorbent pad at the client’s request.
- The sealed plastic bag is packed in a cardboard box and sealed.
|Nutrient specifications per 100 g|
|Total fat||0.6 g|
|Saturated fat||0.3 g|